Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 18 mins
Recipe is from "Family Circle" or "Woman's Day" magazine, 2005. Excellent brownie recipe! Great for school parties, etc.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) packageindividually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9” square baking pan with enough foil to overhang sides by 2”; coat with cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate on HIGH, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt. At medium speed beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Beat in butter mixture. Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in ¾ cup chips.
- Spread batter in pan. Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely on rack.
- Use foil to lift brownies from pan. Remove foil. In microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels and cream on HIGH, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 30 seconds. Spread over brownies.
- Arrange pecans in rows over caramel mixture.
- In small ziplock bag combine oil with remaining chips and seal. Microwave on HIGH in 10-second intervals until melted, about 1 minute; knead bag until blended. Snip corner of bag; drizzle over brownies.
- Let stand until set, at least 1 hour.