Recipe by senseicheryl
Here is a recipe from the www.crisco.com website. There is a picture on the website that will help you to understand how the cookie looks when done.
FOR THE COOKIES
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (19 1/4 ounce) box fudge brownie mix, Pillsbury Traditional Classic recommended
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups pecan halves, split lengthwise
FOR THE FROSTING
- 22 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oven to 350°F Spray cookie sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, brownie mix, water, oil and egg in large bowl; blend well. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Arrange 5 pecan pieces under each to resemble head and legs of turtle.
- BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until top of cookies appear almost set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool 2 minutes or until completely cooled.
- COMBINE caramels and 1 tablespoon water in small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth, adding enough additional water for desired drizzling consistency. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Spoon over cookies. Let stand until icing is set. Store cookies between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.
- High Altitude (above 3500 ft.): - INCREASE flour to 3/4 cup. Bake at 375°F for 9 to 13 minutes.