Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just something I threw together one day.
- 1 lb dried black turtle bean, softened (or black beans)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup canned green chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups corn
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Soften beans according to directions. Drain soak water.
- Add bacon, chilies, corn, and spices.
- Mix flour and cold water and add to beans.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or add to slow-cooker and simmer as long as you want.
- Can be served as a soup (may need more liquid) or over rice.