Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Supermarket recipe. Different and good. Nothing like the usual Turtle Bars. Try them you should like them. Uses a brownie mix, but you will not know it.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pecan halves, i use chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Thoroughly spray bottom and sides of 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of pan with ladyfingers, separated into halves, split side up: set aside.
- In medium sized sauceppan melt caramels with milk over low heat stir until smooth and blended.
- Drizzle half over ladyfingers.
- Do not spread.
- Prepare brownie mix with water, oil and egg.
- Stir with spoon until well blended.
- Spoon over ladyfingers.
- Drizzle remaining caramel over brownie.
- Using tip of knife swirl into brownie batter to marble.
- Top with pecans, gently press into batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes only.
- Brownies will not test done.
- Sprinkle with chocolate morsels immediately after removing from oven.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.