Recipe by quirkycook
This is a really rich turtle bar recipe. A little of this dessert goes a long way.
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package caramels
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, and butter and mix well.
- Pat 2/3 of cake mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 6 minutes.
- Pull bars from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Melt the caramels with the remaining evaporated milk and pour over baked bars.
- Dollop with remaining cake batter and back for 15 minutes.