Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a delicious dessert for any meal, I do like chocolate, so anything that has a chocolate flavor can win me over easily - but this is very good!!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) boxgerman chocolate cake
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 lb caramel
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1 box German chocolate cake mix with melted butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Spread 2/3 of the batter in a large brownie pan and bake 5 minutes in a 350F oven. Meanwhile melt caramels with 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a skillet over low heat.
- Remove partially baked cake mixture and pour the caramel mixture even over it. Sprinkle pecans over the caramel mixture. Then sprinkle chocolate chips over the pecans. Place the rest of the batter over the chocolate chips by half teaspoonfuls evenly over the whole pan. Return to the oven for 20 minutes. Cool thoroughly and cut into small bars.
- These freeze well, and mail well.