Recipe by The Random Cook
These are really good! I got this from a recipe book i recently bought, i have yet to try the rest of the recipes. Trust me, they wont be there long!
For the crust
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 g pecan halves
For the topping
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 150 g plain chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Line a 23x33 cm tin with foil.
- Cut the butter into chunks and melt in saucepan over gentle heat.
- Remove from heat, and stir in caster sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in sifted flour and salt.
- Press the dough in the bottom of the tin.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and scatter the pecans over the crust.
- Bake for another 10 mins, until the crust is golden.
- For Topping: Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and boil for one minute.
- Por the hot butter mixture over the crust.
- Bake the crust in the oven for ten minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Wait till chocolate chips have set again before cutting.
- Cut into bars. Can be stored in airtight container for 5 – 7 days.