Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are really good! I got this from a recipe book i recently bought, i have yet to try the rest of the recipes. Trust me, they wont be there long!
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Line a 23x33 cm tin with foil.
- Cut the butter into chunks and melt in saucepan over gentle heat.
- Remove from heat, and stir in caster sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in sifted flour and salt.
- Press the dough in the bottom of the tin.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and scatter the pecans over the crust.
- Bake for another 10 mins, until the crust is golden.
- For Topping: Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and boil for one minute.
- Por the hot butter mixture over the crust.
- Bake the crust in the oven for ten minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Wait till chocolate chips have set again before cutting.
- Cut into bars. Can be stored in airtight container for 5 – 7 days.