Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Taste of Home. Very rich, very chocolaty, very indulgent!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2⁄3 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Gradually add flour; beat until crumbly. Press firmly into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Arrange pecans over crust.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute or until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Pour over pecans.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top; Cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes.
- Spread chocolate but allow some chips to remain whole.
- Cool completely; cut into small squares. Yield: about 8 dozen.