Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
This is more like dessert . . . so yummy! The recipe comes from Chef John Sharpe of the Turquoise Room at the La Pasada Hotel in Winslow, Arizona. If you're ever passing through Winslow, besure to treat yourself at the La Pasada.
- 425.24 g box cornbread mix (Krusteaz)
- 118.29 ml creamed corn
- 158.51 ml milk
- 44.37 ml sour cream
- 44.37 ml molasses
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml butter (melted)
- 44.37 ml mesquite syrup
- 44.37 ml honey
- 44.37 ml butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. (one 8 x 8 or 12 muffin).
- In mixing bowl combine all the cornbread ingredients and mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl carefully.
- Bake Time:.
- 8 x 8 x 2 baking pan = 22 - 26 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Standard muffin pan = 14 - 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While cornbread is baking, in a small pan mix together the syrup, honey and butter and heat until butter is melted and thoroughly combined.
- Remove cornbread from oven, with a toothpick poke holes in the top and drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Cool before serving.