Turos Csusza (Hungarian Macaroni Cheese)
- Using cheesecloth, drain the cottage cheese over the sink overnight.
- When ready to cook, boil a large pot of salted water (2 tsp salt) and add egg noodles. Stir occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While egg noodles are boiling, in a skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain the oil off and then crumble. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cottage cheese, sour cream and black pepper. When noodles are ready, drain them and then add to mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Pour mixture into large baking dish, top with crumbled bacon and place in oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh dill.