1/2 Photos of Turos Csusza - Dry-Curd Cottage Cheese and Noodles
This is a Hungarian recipe that uses DRY cottage cheese. My mother would make this frequently as I grew up. Tastes great when eaten at a-little-warmer than room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a large pan, cook the diced bacon until crisp; remove bacon from pan and keep warm.
- 2On low heat, stir the sour cream into the bacon fat.
- 3To the pan, add the noodles, bacon, dry cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Combine gently.
- 4On low heat, gently fold the contents until heated through. Adjust seasonings.
- 5With lid on pan, let set for half hour before serving. They taste best if not too hot.
- 6Garnish with more sour cream and dill if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turos Csusza - Dry-Curd Cottage Cheese and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.3 mg
- Sodium 1065.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 30.2 g