Recipe by Kathy228
This is a Hungarian recipe that uses DRY cottage cheese. My mother would make this frequently as I grew up. Tastes great when eaten at a-little-warmer than room temperature.
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked
- 3 -4 slices bacon, diced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces dry curd cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- dill (to garnish, fresh or dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a large pan, cook the diced bacon until crisp; remove bacon from pan and keep warm.
- On low heat, stir the sour cream into the bacon fat.
- To the pan, add the noodles, bacon, dry cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Combine gently.
- On low heat, gently fold the contents until heated through. Adjust seasonings.
- With lid on pan, let set for half hour before serving. They taste best if not too hot.
- Garnish with more sour cream and dill if desired.