1/3 Photos of Turnips With Orange
Sydney Mike's Note:
Kind of a homey recipe that dresses up the ol' turnip a bit, a recipe that comes from the 500 ALL-TIME GREAT RECIPES cookbook, a gift from my partner in the current Cookbook Swap!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter & oil in saucepan & cook shallot gently, stirring occasionally, until soft but not colored, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add turnips to shallot & continue heating.
- 3Shake pan frequently until turnips start to absorb butter & oil, about 7 minutes.
- 4Pour orange juice onto turnips, then simmer gently for about 30 minutes, until turnips are tender & OJ is reduced to a buttery sauce.
- 5Season with salt & pepper, if required.
- 6Serve hot, garnished with thin slivers of orange zest.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turnips With Orange
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.3
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 224.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of