I got this recipe from the Heritage Quilters. Boy was I surprised to find out this delicious soup had turnips as one of the main ingredients. I am one of the first people to turn my nose up at turnips but this soup will surprise you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place turnips, potatoes, and onions in saucepan.
- 2Cover with small amount of water and simmer until tender; drain.
- 3Mash with potato masher.
- 4Add butter.
- 5Mix flour with 1/4 cup milk.
- 6Add to mixture and blend well.
- 7Add chicken stock.
- 8Mix thoroughly.
- 9Return to heat and bring to a boil.
- 10remove from heat and add remaining 3/4 cup milk.
- 11Reheat to serving temperature taking care not to boil.
- 12Garnish with your choice of parsley, bacon or croutons.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 158.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g