Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
a nice way to prepare another forgotten root veggie
- 3 medium turnips, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs, separated
- grease and flour a 6 cup souffle dish.
- preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- boil turnip in water 10 minutes, drain and mash well.
- melt butter in pan over med heat.
- add flour, stir for 2 minutes, add cream and mashed turnips.
- add onions, salt& pepper, remove from heat.
- stir in egg yolks.
- whisk egg whites in large bowl, add turnip mixturespoon into souffle dish, bake 40 minutes until puffed and golden.
We loved this lovely dish. The turnips were light and so creamy. It was so easy to put together and was a lovely addition to our supper. I have added this recipe to my tried & true cookbook. Thanks for sharing it.
I've never eaten a turnip before. This recipe with simple, on-hand ingredients was so easy to prepare. I used half and half instead of cream, but the results were fabulous!
Loved it! I had to use 1 percent milk and it still turned out great! Thanks for the keeper Chia!