Recipe by chia
a nice way to prepare another forgotten root veggie
Top Review by Miss Annie
We loved this lovely dish. The turnips were light and so creamy. It was so easy to put together and was a lovely addition to our supper. I have added this recipe to my tried & true cookbook. Thanks for sharing it.
- 3 medium turnips, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- grease and flour a 6 cup souffle dish.
- preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- boil turnip in water 10 minutes, drain and mash well.
- melt butter in pan over med heat.
- add flour, stir for 2 minutes, add cream and mashed turnips.
- add onions, salt& pepper, remove from heat.
- stir in egg yolks.
- whisk egg whites in large bowl, add turnip mixturespoon into souffle dish, bake 40 minutes until puffed and golden.