Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I love turnips, raw, or cooked any way. I just found this recipe last week surfing the internet and immediately made it. I love it, if you like turnips, you will too. I used low fat mayo and sour cream. cook time is chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar, I used white wine vinegar and a dash of dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed, I did not use
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 lb turnip, peeled and shredded (about 4 cups)
- In a large bowl, stir mayo, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add turnips and mix well.
- Refrigerate 6 hours.
This was a nice salad, but not something I'd make again. The ingredient list is too long to remember. I should try other raw turnip recipes here or create my own.
Very delicious! I used homemade mayo as well - I think it really added to the recipe! It's ready to eat anytime. I noticed that the turnips got mellower with the chill time. Not sure if I like it better fresh or chilled!
Turnips fresh from the garden, home-made yoghurt as hadn't got any sour cream - and a perfect recipe for them!! I tried a little as soon as I made it and I'm not waiting the 6 hours chill time before commenting, as it's already delicious!! Thank you so much!