Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Cafe Loup in Manhattan. This is great for summer bbq. season. Give it a try.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 1⁄2 lbs turnips
- 2 medium carrots
- 1⁄2 small onion
- Mix mayonnaise with rice vinegar, fennel seeds and sugar. Combine well.
- Shred the turnip and carrots. Shred the onion also. Vegeatables may be grated or shredded its you prefference, but have all done the same way. I prefer shredded.
- Toss into bowl with the dressing.
- Let chill covered for at least 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.