Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A yummy mashed turnip concoction, inspired by one of my Grandma's recipes!
- 6 cups turnips
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Cook turnip until tender, drain and mash.
- Add olive oil, egg replacer equivilent to 2 eggs (in this case corn starch and water) and beat well.
- Add everything else, mix, and put in oven dish.
- Sprink bread crumbs on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.