Recipe by Stacky5
This is a recipe that I saw Paula Deen make on the Food Network. I love turnips but know of very few ways to cook them. This is super easy and tastes really rich and good! (NOTE: This is the original recipe, but when I make this I peel the potatoes instead of leaving the skins on...)
- 6 large red new potatoes, skin on
- 2 large turnips, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, heated
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes and turnips 1/4-inch thick. Cook in boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain.
- Whip cooked potatoes and turnips with electric mixer, mixing until moderately smooth (don't overbeat them; a few lumps are nice).
- Add hot cream, butter and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip again until blended.
- Adjust thickness by adding more cream, if desired.