Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I saw Paula Deen make on the Food Network. I love turnips but know of very few ways to cook them. This is super easy and tastes really rich and good! (NOTE: This is the original recipe, but when I make this I peel the potatoes instead of leaving the skins on...)
- 6 large red new potatoes, skin on
- 2 large turnips, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, heated
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Slice potatoes and turnips 1/4-inch thick. Cook in boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain.
- Whip cooked potatoes and turnips with electric mixer, mixing until moderately smooth (don't overbeat them; a few lumps are nice).
- Add hot cream, butter and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip again until blended.
- Adjust thickness by adding more cream, if desired.
Very good tasting recipe. My DH loves turnips, so this hit the spot. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Great Recipe! Loved the flavor the turnips added to the mashed potatoes! We are growing turnips this year, so I will be making this one again! Thanks Stacy!!!