Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband loves turnip greens, so I make this for him alot.
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen chopped turnip greens
- 1 (10 ounce) packagediced frozen bell peppers onions and celery (red and green peppers)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Saute ham in hot oil in a Dutch ovenover medium high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add broth and reamining ingredients, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes.
I made this using 10 cups chopped fresh home grown Turnip greens, fresh green peppers and onions.No frozen veggies. I subbed the ham with bacon which i browned then added the onions and peppers, also adding garlic scapes. Added salt and pepper flakes. Delish!