Recipe by mollypaul
A daily standby in season. Delicious served with cornbread or corn pone. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salt pork in cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 45 minutes.
- Wash turnip greens in several changes of water; place into pot with pork and simmer for an hour.
- Drain water fromgreens and meat, reserve 1 1/2 cups of cooking liquid; chop greens rather fine and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place greens in a hot dish and arrange slices of pork on top.
- Pour reserved liquid (pot likker) over and serve.