Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
A daily standby in season. Delicious served with cornbread or corn pone. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Place salt pork in cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 45 minutes.
- Wash turnip greens in several changes of water; place into pot with pork and simmer for an hour.
- Drain water fromgreens and meat, reserve 1 1/2 cups of cooking liquid; chop greens rather fine and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place greens in a hot dish and arrange slices of pork on top.
- Pour reserved liquid (pot likker) over and serve.