Recipe by Schnecke
Leftover turnip makes great cooks. These are a delicious alternative to the usual potato fries.
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare turnip.
- Heat 3/4 to 1 inch of oil over medium heat, until consistent temperature.
- Put the turnip in the oil and separate the fries from each other with tongs or a fork, so they don't stick together.
- Fry the turnip in batches over medium heat.
- The turnip will float & bubble furiously. They bubble less and less as they approach "cooked".
- Fry until browned around the edges and the surface of the fries is bubbly.
- Wait between batches to let the oil temperature equalize.
- Blot on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Salt & serve immediately.