Recipe by Chouny
Another comforting soup. A great way to cook with turnip; a vegetable that not everyone likes, but will not be noticed. Absolutely delicious.
Top Review by luvcook'n
Lovely, lovely soup! I did use more garlic and left out the salt (for me)...DH adds his own. This is a very comforting soup. I used my hand blender to puree....but left enough chunks to give it some texture. I served this with a salad. Thank you, Chouny for sharing!
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 stalk celery (cut in cubes)
- 1 carrot (peeled and cut in cubes)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 4 medium turnips (peeled and cut in small cubes)
- 3 small potatoes (peeled and cut in cubes)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and oil in a pot and saute the onions, celery and carrot for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for one more minute.
- Add chicken broth with turnip and potatoes.
- Add seasonings.
- Cook until all vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, add milk and blend with a hand blender until creamy.