Recipe by Lalaloula
This is a very yummy veggie salad, which my sis n me came up with when having to use up some turnip and carrots. It has a sweet, earthy taste with a hint of garlic and onion. For me its the perfect autumn salad! :) I hope youll enjoy it, too!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
My mind was thinking cole slaw when in fact this is more<br/>like a pumped up egg salad. I used raw carrots and raw baby<br/>turnips. Fresh herb added was cilantro. Juice of half a lemon<br/>made the ingredients "pop".A little bit of red onion was<br/>thrown in, too. Garnish of fresh chives from the garden. Made for Veg Tag/June.
- 1 carrot, divided
- 1⁄2 turnip, diced (about 500g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 large apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, sliced
- 150 g yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (sage, oregano, basil, chives)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice one half of the carrot and place in a pot together with diced turnip. Bring to a boil, add eggs and simmer for 15 minutes or until veggies are tender but still crisp.
- Meanwhile slice the other half of the carrot into long strips using a vegetable peeler. Place in a big bowl and add garlic, onion, scallion and apple.
- Combine yoghurt and spices in a separate bowl and season to taste.
- When ready lift out the eggs using a slotted spoon. Rinse them with cold water, peel and dice.
- Drain veggies. Add everything to the big bowl and stir to coat.
- Eat right away while still warm or let cool and serve later.