1/1 Photo of Turnip and Onion Hot Dish
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious dish that goes well with most winter main dishes. It is very easy to make and is a good alternative to scalloped potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Peel turnips, cut in half lenthwise, then slice each half crosswise into thin slices.
- 3Arrange alternate layers of turnip and onion in a greased 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- 4Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- 5Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water and pour over vegetables.
- 6Dot with butter or margarine.
- 7Cover casserole with foil or lid and bake 1 hour 15 minutes, or until turnips are tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turnip and Onion Hot Dish
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 254.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g