1/2 Photos of Turnip and Carrot Mash
Nana Lee's Note:
This is a dish I used to make only at Thanksgiving. I loved it so much that I began making a ton of it and freezing the rest in serving sizes! If you don't like turnip/rutabaga, try this way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil carrots and turnip/rutabaga SEPARATELY.
- 2When done, mash each SEPARATELY using as much cream, butter, and seasonings to your taste.
- 3Just before serving, drain any liquid formed at the bottom of the bowls and GENTLY combine them both.
- 4You should be able to see both carrot and turnip/rutabaga pieces in the combined dish.
- 6NB: Depending on your preferences, the amts of carrot vs turnip can be regulated. Leftovers freeze well.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turnip and Carrot Mash
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g