Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 hrs
Passover recipe from the Philadelphia Jewish Exponent. This will be a permanent part of my Passover food. Easy to make and really good to eat, I tasted these after 1 day of marinating and they were luscious. I even liked the beets. Cook time is marinating time.
- 2 turnips, large, peeled and thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 beet, peeled and thinly sliced in half-moons
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into rings, do not remove seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, I used 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Combine turnips and beets, garllic and jalapeno in a jar.
- Pour water, salt and vinegar over vegetables.
- Cover jar and shake to combine.
- Best if made at least 2 days ahead.
- This salad will keep in the refrigerator for 10-14 days.