Recipe by Moirianne
Quick use of Thanksgiving leftovers.
Top Review by Annacia
Pure comfort food that will be enjoyed by family members of all ages. I used chicken instead of turkey and skipped the salt,it really didn't need it at all. This is so yummy that I doubt that you would have any left because it's so tasty that you want to keep eating just because it tastes so good. Very simple to make on a weeknight and served with the rice and and a mixed salad it makes a lovely meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked turkey, cut in cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package turkey gravy mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add celery and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occassionally.
- Add cooked turkey.
- Blend water, gravy mix, milk, flour, and season-all.
- Pour over turkey mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.