Recipe by Viki Anderson
This roast is made on YOUR time schedule. Start it a couple hours ahead of your dinner party, finish it when you are ready for it. This is a family favorite NO FAIL ROAST recipe that has been shared throughout my very large family. I have used it on other roasts as well.
Top Review by harleypapa
This turned out to be about the best Prime Rib I have made at home. The only thing I did different was I turned the oven to 450 and stuck the roast in for about 15 minutes to get a good outer crust and then turned it down to 375 for an hour. I did my usual sliced garlic and cut slits into the fat side and inserted them. I also included crushed rosemary in the spice rub, and used kosher salt.
- 1 rib roast (any size)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Any size roast.
- Rub with olive oil.
- Rub with Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Garlic Salt (I use fresh minced garlic).
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place beef (fat-side up on rack) in a roasting pan uncovered in oven for 1 hour AND THEN TURN OFF OVEN.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR FOR ANYTHING!
- NO PEEKING!
- Before serving, turn oven back on to 300°.
- 45 minutes before serving the roast will be RARE DONE.
- 50 minutes before serving the roast will be MEDIUM DONE.
- 55 minutes before serving the roast will be WELL DONE.
- Take out of oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- PERFECT EVERY TIME.