Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I LOVE roast! I tried roast in the crock pot several times and had many bad results before I finally found one that worked. This is so easy. I get everything ready the night before, and put it on in the morning. It's great if you work all day, because it's done when you get home. The longer you cook it, the more tender it is!
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast (rump works best)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- seasoning, any you might want to add
- Slice onion; place half of the slices in bottom of crock pot.
- Place roast on top of onions.
- Season as desired.
- Pour onion soup mix on top.
- Arrange remaining onion slices on top.
- DO NOT ADD WATER!
- Cook on LOW for at least 8, but up to 12 hours--the longer the better!
My kinda meal can't wait to make.YUMMY.
Delicious! This roast reminds me of Yoper's roast recipe, but very toned down. Great as and really good leftovers. Thanks for sharing.
I've been making my roast like this for years only I add water to mine. (About one cup) The juice is a nice addition to rice or potatos. It isn't always easy to pick out a nice roast, so adding the water can help a tough roast be more tender. (New potatos from a can, corn, carrots, and green beans are nice in this too. Just add to the crock pot at least 1 to 2 hours before serving. )