Recipe by Lydia's Mama
I LOVE roast! I tried roast in the crock pot several times and had many bad results before I finally found one that worked. This is so easy. I get everything ready the night before, and put it on in the morning. It's great if you work all day, because it's done when you get home. The longer you cook it, the more tender it is!
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast (rump works best)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- seasoning, any you might want to add
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onion; place half of the slices in bottom of crock pot.
- Place roast on top of onions.
- Season as desired.
- Pour onion soup mix on top.
- Arrange remaining onion slices on top.
- DO NOT ADD WATER!
- Cook on LOW for at least 8, but up to 12 hours--the longer the better!