Prep 2 mins
Cook 19 mins
Recipe from fruitguys.com and they adapted it from a recipe found on livestrong.com. This week our organic fruit box has fresh turmeric so i am going to try this out in the morning!
- 2 tablespoons fresh turmeric, root grated
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup soymilk (may sub for dairy milk you wish)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tablespoons almond oil (optional)
- agave nectar (may sub honey or maple syrup)
- Bring water to a boil and add turmeric. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add milk, lemon juice and almond oil. Stir well.
- Strain into a cup and add sweetener if desired.
Interesting. And tasty. Turmeric is very earthy. This feels healthy! I included this in my ZWT7 African Table Challenge photo. I'm enjoying this more & more as i drink it..... thanks, JB!