Recipe by CassandraLynne11
Thai side dish by Su-Mei Yu found in Food and Wine Magazine
Top Review by Maito
Great veggies. Next time I will add more of the coriander and turmeric, so you can really taste those flavors, and bake them 10 minutes less, so they retain more texture. I added the garlic in the last 2 minutes, so that it would not burn (which I learned from experience).
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs cauliflower, cored and separated into 1 inch florets
- salt, to taste
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 kumquats, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small skillet, toast the seeds and peppercorns on a moderately high heat until fragrant.
- Transfer to a spice grinder and let cool completely, then grind to a powder and transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, garlic, turmeric and crushed red pepper.
- Spread cauliflower over a baking sheet and drizzle with the oil mixture, tossing to coat, then season with salt.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Scrape into serving bowl and toss with kumquats, shallots and cilantro.