Thai side dish by Su-Mei Yu found in Food and Wine Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs cauliflower, cored and separated into 1 inch florets
- salt, to taste
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 kumquats, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a small skillet, toast the seeds and peppercorns on a moderately high heat until fragrant.
- 3Transfer to a spice grinder and let cool completely, then grind to a powder and transfer to a small bowl.
- 4Stir in the olive oil, garlic, turmeric and crushed red pepper.
- 5Spread cauliflower over a baking sheet and drizzle with the oil mixture, tossing to coat, then season with salt.
- 6Roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- 7Scrape into serving bowl and toss with kumquats, shallots and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turmeric-Roasted Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: