Recipe by Borealis Beegirl
From Cooking Light May 2008. The recipe says it feeds 4, but I think with 2 pounds of chicken, it could feed 6-8 if you are watching your portions and pair it with some rice or another starchy side.
Top Review by claudefrance22@gmail
very tasty. i forgot the spinach so i threw in some bright green peas and served it with hot white rice. the recipe is well organized and logical and so it wasn't too much work.. Also, it was a nice change of pace.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skilled over medium high heat.
- Add bell peppers to pan; saute 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in cabbage, ginger and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken and next 4 ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in spinach and reduce heat to low. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is done.