Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From Frugally Sustainable blog. This is a great blog for homemade health.
Top Review by Tess M.
Looks like a great recipe! Can you be more specific about what to do with the chai tea you have the ingredients list? Do you mean tea bags or loose leaf? I'd like to be able to make this at work if possible.
- 3 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 teaspoons chai tea
- 1 cup water
- artificial sweetener, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 cup warm milk (almond milk etc) or 1⁄2-1 cup coconut milk (almond milk etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a glass jar.
- Note: Cayenne pepper, although optional, will speed the turmeric through the blood stream by relaxing blood vessels down to capillaries, allowing more turmeric to get to the infections faster.
- To make the tea (single serving): Bring water to boil, pour water over spices and steep for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve; add sweetener and milk.