Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I developed this recipe as a way to get Tumeric into my diet daily. For the maximum health benifits, I have read that it needs a little fat and black pepper. I mix up a batch of this for the week and take 1/2 to 1cup a day and sip on it like tea. I find it very comforting.
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth (I use 2 cups of water and Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- black pepper (I use several grinds with my pepper mill)
- Put all in a pan and heat over med low heat until blended.
Thank you for sharing this idea. It's just what I was looking for and for the same reason - the turmeric! It made me think of the basic coconut curry based sauces which I've loved in restaurants and which I've always thought that I could just drink by themselves... and it turns out not to be a bad idea! I do find myself missing the rest of the curry flavor, though; so I think I'll be adding some curry powder to the recipe when I make it again. I'm just so pleased to have found this recipe idea - thanks again.