Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious Mediterranean side dish--try it when you're in the mood for something a little different! Makes a good accompaniment to Lebanese chicken. Simple fare, fit for company!
- 1 lb zucchini, trimmed and coarsely grated
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 4 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh dill (or 1 1/2 T. dried dillweed)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (or 2 t. dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (about 3 oz.)
- olive oil
- Place zucchini in colander, sprinkle with salt and let stand 30 minutes to drain.
- Squeeze zucchini between hands to remove liquid and then squeeze dry in several layers of paper towels.
- Combine zucchini, green onions, eggs, flour, chopped herbs, salt,and pepper in medium bowl and mix well.
- Fold in feta cheese.
- (Zucchini mixture can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Stir to blend before continuing.) Fold walnuts into zucchini mixture.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place baking sheet in oven.
- Cover the bottom of a large non-stick skillet with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Working in batches, drop zucchini mixture into skillet by heaping tablespoonfuls.
- Fry until pancakes are golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking sheet in oven to keep warm.
- Serve pancakes hot.
Made these, loved them. Highly recommended.
A truly amazing, exotic and enchanting flavor combination. I couldn't imagine tarragon and dill in the same dish! But, oh how wonderfully they combine with the flavors of fresh zuccini, green onion and feta cheese with chopped walnuts for texture. I made a quarter of the recipe for the 2 of us and they were gone before dinner. These delicious little pancakes are very easy to make and need only 30 (not 50) minutes to prep. The mixture can be made ahead of time and these mini pancakes with a dab of sour cream would be a major hit as party appetizer. Thanks Leslie, I'm so happy that I choose you for "Pick A Chef".