2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
POSTED FOR RAMADAN TAG This popular mid-Anatolian family dessert is made with yogurt and walnuts and whatever else is at hand. Musa has embellished it by sautéeing walnuts, hazelnuts and dried mulberries or sour cherries in a French-inspired browned butter, but he still respects the recipe's homey quality. Recipe by Musa Dagdeviren on http://www.foodandwine.com NOTE: Grape molasses is available at Middle Eastern markets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups thick yogurt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons dried mulberries or 3 tablespoons sour cherries
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon blanched almond, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons tahini, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons grape molasses
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 1Spoon half of the yogurt into 6 heatproof glasses.
- 2In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter.
- 3Add the walnuts, mulberries, raisins, hazelnuts, almonds and pine nuts and sauté over moderately high heat, shaking the pan, until the butter is sizzling and beginning to brown around the edges.
- 4Stir in the tahini and 2 tablespoons of the molasses.
- 5Spoon the mixture into the glasses; top with the remaining yogurt.
- 6Melt the remaining butter in the skillet. Stir in the remaining molasses and the cinnamon; drizzle over the yogurt.
- 7Sprinkle on the pistachios and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkish Yogurt With Sautéed Dried Fruits and Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.8
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 68.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: