Recipe by UmmBinat
A nice simple and tasty pilaf. I sometimes use chicken stock in replacment of the meat one. It's a must to use basmati! Very good with Braised Lamb (Tas Kebap). Basically the recipe from The Complete Middle East Cookbook by Tess Mallos
- 1 1⁄2 cups white basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups meat stock (I sometimes use 3 cups chicken stock instead)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice until water runs clear.
- Drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add drained basmati and pine nuts.
- Stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and salt to taste.
- Check until boiling then reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes and check to gauge when cooked.
- Turn off heat, place paper towels over rim of pan and replace lid tightly.
- Leave at least 10 minutes before removing lid. May be left up to 30 minutes without spoiling, depending of course on the quality of the grain.
- Fluff with fork and serve, or spoon into an oiled mould, press firmly and unmould onto serving dish.