Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Don't ask me why they call it a Turkish Towel when it's a sandwich, but they do. When I worked in Englewood, NJ, a little sandwich shop in the area was SWAMPED with business anytime you stopped in. This sandwich was highly recommended by a bunch of co-workers, and it was good. It's a snap to whip up and being a hot sandwich, it seems extra good. You can add shredded lettuce and thin slices of tomato if you like...I don't.
- 1 hero roll (aka hoagie, sub, grinder, club roll)
- 3 slices deli ham (boiled ham)
- 3 slices best quality deli turkey breast (real breast)
- 3 -4 slices swiss cheese (or whatever you like best)
- 1 -2 tablespoon thousand island dressing
- On a plate, heat the ham, turkey and cheese in the microwave (or toaster oven) until the cheese is melted.
- Spread roll with Thousand Island dressing on both sides and place deli items within.
- Close up the sandwich and dig in.
- Change meats, cheese or dressing to suit your preferences.
Yum!! I usually use thousand island on other types of lunchmeat, but never with turkey/ham. Nice change from miracle whip :)