Recipe by Latchy
These tomatoes are absolutely delicious. It is based on a Donna Hay recipe.
Top Review by Kookaburra
For those who are wondering, tasty cheese is an Australian term and refers to any well-flavoured or matured cheddar cheese, but I used parmesan as that's what I had on hand. I halved the recipe for a light Saturday night dinner for two. I don't know how 'Turkish' it is, but it's certainly tasty. One hint - it does need plenty of seasoning.
- 8 -10 large tomatoes
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium eggplants, chopped
- 30 g fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup finely grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (or 350F).
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the pulp, reserving the pulp.
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute onions until lightly browned.
- Add tomato pulp and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in eggplant and simmer for 5 minutes until tender.
- Add breadcrumbs, parsley and season to taste.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and beat in cheese.
- Stir in eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into each tomato shell and arrange in a greased, ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.