Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is one of the handful of easy Turkish recipes that I learned while studying abroad in Turkey. The dish consists of cubed chicken in a tomato sauce...quite simple, but it tastes good! Turks usually eat it with bread, however it can be eaten alone as well. If the tomatoes don't seem to provide enough juices I have sometimes added a little water (probably not necessary, but you can judge this towards the end). Serve in a sided dish or shallow bowl. Afiyet olsun!
- 4 -5 tomatoes (peeled, cut into small-medium sizes)
- 2 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 10 garlic cloves (left whole or cut in half if large)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 4 tablespoons oil
- In medium pot, mix oil and pepper paste over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook mixing 5-10 minutes until just white.
- Add garlic and tomatoes, continue cooking over medium heat until chicken is done (approx. 15-20 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in an extra large pinch of thyme.