Recipe by Carenem
I got this great recipe from http://www.turkishcookbook.com
Top Review by Boomette
Here in Montreal we buy these kinds of pizza. This recipe taste good but there is something missing. There was not enough heat for us. I think I may increase the red pepper paste. It gave me enough for 7 large tortillas. It's very hard to spread. Today we tried to spread it with a fork and it was better. Thanks Carenem. Made for PAC Spring 2008
- 5 tortillas or 5 flat bread or 5 pieces middle eastern style pita bread, separated
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 2 large tomatoes, seeds discarded
- 1 teaspoon flaked bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a mixer to chop and mix all the ingredients except the ground beef. Then knead it with the ground beef. Refrigerate for an hour, then leave it outside for 20 minutes.
- Set the oven to grill (broil). Have two oven trays ready. Take some mixture with the spatula and apply on the flat bread evenly as a thin layer. Place two per oven tray and put the trays on the second rack from the top in the oven. Bake for about 3-4 minutes, making sure not to burn the edges of the pitas.