Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
I got this great recipe from http://www.turkishcookbook.com
- 5 tortillas or 5 flat bread or 5 pieces middle eastern style pita bread, separated
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 2 large tomatoes, seeds discarded
- 1 teaspoon flaked bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Use a mixer to chop and mix all the ingredients except the ground beef. Then knead it with the ground beef. Refrigerate for an hour, then leave it outside for 20 minutes.
- Set the oven to grill (broil). Have two oven trays ready. Take some mixture with the spatula and apply on the flat bread evenly as a thin layer. Place two per oven tray and put the trays on the second rack from the top in the oven. Bake for about 3-4 minutes, making sure not to burn the edges of the pitas.
Here in Montreal we buy these kinds of pizza. This recipe taste good but there is something missing. There was not enough heat for us. I think I may increase the red pepper paste. It gave me enough for 7 large tortillas. It's very hard to spread. Today we tried to spread it with a fork and it was better. Thanks Carenem. Made for PAC Spring 2008