Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this on another website. It looks really good, and it's healthy with only 2 grams of fat and 71 calories per serving.
- canola oil cooking spray
- 4 Japanese eggplants, stems removed, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, ripe & seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large shallow baking dish with canola spray.
- Scoop out flesh from eggplants, cut into chunks and reserve. Sprinkle inside of the shells lightly with 1/4 teaspoon with salt. Place upside down on paper towels. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray large skillet with cooking spray. Cook garlic and onion over medium-high heat until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, reserved eggplant flesh and allspice. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until just tender, about 10 minutes.Stir in parsley, lemon juice, remaining salt and pepper.
- Pat eggplant shells dry with paper towels. Spoon eggplant mixture loosely into shells.
- Place filled shells in prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until shells are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle tops evenly with feta cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes, then serve.