Recipe by Nye McClelland
This is an easy meal. The time consuming part is washing the spinach. It's a one meal deal. Enjoy!
Top Review by Anu
Nice, easy dish, but the spinach develops a rather "powdery" taste when its cooked so long. I'd like to try cooking the spinach separately, until it is just wilted, and topping it on the rice later.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 -3 crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches fresh spinach (washed extremely well and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and wash spinach very well to get all the silt off (I use all the spinach including the roots), it takes about 4-5 washes.
- In a large pot heat oil, add onions and saute until soft.
- Add all the ingredients in sequence and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and cook until the rice is cooked.
- Eat as is or add a couple of tbsp of Garlic-Yogurt sauce and enjoy!
- Garlic-Yogurt Sauce: 1 cup of plain yogurt 2-4 minced garlic (depending on how much garlic you prefer) salt to taste Method: Combine all the ingredients and serve over your meal.