Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe by Ana Sortun. From Bon Appetit Jan 2011.
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon baharat seasoning
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 1⁄4 cups pomegranate seeds
- 2⁄3 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped, shelled unsalted natural
- 1⁄3 cup fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons baharat seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, each halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 3 pieces
- warm pita bread
- tahini yogurt.
- Combine lemon juice, Baharat Seasoning , and garlic in medium bowl; stir to blend. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in yogurt and tahini. Season tahini yogurt to taste with salt. DO AHEAD Can be made up to 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- pomegranate relish.
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Marinate at room temperature at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Thread 6 chicken pieces onto each skewer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on small rimmed baking sheet. Broil chicken until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Arrange kebabs on platter. Serve with tahini yogurt, pomegranate relish, and warm pita breads.