Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't made them yet but I'm looking forward to baking them.
Make and share this Turkish Soldier Buttons Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix together flour, powdered sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Shape dough in to 1-1/2 inch rounds; place on cookie sheet.
- Press down the center with your thumb.
- Fill each hole with jam.
- Bake 12 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
Very good recipe! I made one batch with raspberry-rhubarb jam and another with pineapple preserves...YUM!!! I am adding this one to my Christmas cookie tray! Thanks for a fabulous recipe!
These were delicious and easy cookies! I used strawberry jam on half and then a mixed berry on the rest to mix it up which resulted in having two different types of cookies for my family to try :) These reminded me of my favorite Christmas shortbread cookies which made them a delightful treat especially in the middle of summer! Made for ZWT6
Mmmmm....so yummy! Buttery, strawberry filled heaven, I love them! Mine spread a bit in the oven and came out more flat and square but who cares! I'm sure none of the deliciousness suffered. Yep, I'm sure. I got 22 "buttons" out of the dough (Maybe that's why mine spread, I made them too big? Oops, LOL). Perfect! Made for ZWT6: No-Nonsense Nibblers.